The first ever film studio in Pakistan, Pancholi Film Studio on Upper Mall Road Lahore was inaugurated on February 16, 1948.
It was owned by Seith Dalsukh M. Pancholi (1906-59), who was first film importer and distributor of Hollywood movies in the Northern India (now Pakistan). He was also producer and director of famous Lahore made movies like Gul Bakavli (1939), Yamla Jatt (1940) and Khazanchi (1941).
After partition, he migrated to India and his manager Divan Sardari Lal took over. He was producer of first Pakistani released film Teri Yaad in this year but film 2 Kinaray was first film to start in this studio. in 1952, Pancholi studio was alloted to a famous ghazal and folk singer Malika Pukhraj and became Malika Studio. Then it was rent to some other parties and its name was also changed as Jawidan Studio, later it was sold by Malika Pukhraj and it became Upper Mall Scheme with lot of houses.
Read detailed film career records with online films of almost every famous artist from Pakistani films..