G.A. Chishti (d. 25.12.1994)
Film Music director
He was a legendary music director in Punjabi films..
Some facts about G.A. Chishti
|Real name ||Ghulam Ahmad Chishti|
|Date of Birth |
|Born at ||Jalandhar, India|
Baba G.A. Chishti was regarded as the best ever music director in Punjabi film music. He was totally dominating in the 1950s and became the first ever music director who composed music in more than 100 movies.
Here are some of his amazing recored..
- Baba Chishti composed music in first ever musical film in Pakistan. He composed and wrote some super hit songs in film Pheray in 1949 which was also the first ever super hit silver jubilee film in Pakistan.
- Baba Chishti was music director of initial two golden jubilee super hit films, Sassi in 1954 and Noukar in 1955.
- Baba Chishti was music director of the first ever blockbuster film Dulla Bhatti in 1956. This film earned revenue for establishing the most modern film studio - Evernew Studio in Lahore
- Baba Chishti was also music director of mega hit blockbuster film Yakkay Wali in 1957 which created an unbroken and unbelievable record, when this film earned 45 time more revenue than its production cost. Its producer bought the largest film studio Bari Studio in Lahore..!!!
- Baba Chishti discovered the greatest gem of Pakistani film history, Madam Noorjahan, when he introduced her on Lahore stage in the age of 9 years only..!
- Baba Chishti also introduced Inayat Hussain Bhatti, who was a multi talented artist and the first super star male singer in Pakistan. He also composed super hit music for Bhatti Pictures three initial super hit film, Chann Makhna, Sajjan Pyara and Jind Jan..
- Baba Chishti introduced the first big playback singer in Urdu films Saleem Raza in Noukar (1955), Nazir Begum in Miss 56 (1956), Naseem Begum in Guddi Gudda (1956), Mala in Aabroo (1961) and Parvez Mehdi in Chann Tara in 1973.
- Baba jee also introduced the legendary male singer Masood Rana and Runa Laila in their first Punjabi films, Rishta (1963) and Jagg Biti (1967), respectively.
- Baba Chishti wrote and composed a patriotic song when Pakistan won the Cricket World Cup in 1992.
Baba Ghulam Ahmad Chishti was born in 1905 in Jalandhar in India and died on December 25, 1995 in Lahore.
Click on any image and read more on the latest updates..